Paragliding in Nepal is a quite new adventurous activity in Nepal, but the paragliding is a truly fantastic and pleasing that any adventure lover can feel or experience. It is the purest form of flying by using the elements and rising currents of warm air, we can stay aloft for many hours and travel big distance. This simple aircraft fits easily into a rucksack and weights about 10kg with full experience of the extreme scenic dignity, as your share airspace flies near the Himalayan as a griffin vultures, eagles, kites, floating over the villages, monasteries, temples, lakes, and jungles, with a fantastic view of the magnificent Himalayas.
This follows on from the Thermalling course, as pilots master the skills of ridge soaring and turn their attention to thermal flying, the focus leads to cross country flight. The challenge and adventure of flying in unfamiliar surroundings is unbeatable. However, flying in the mountains requires a more advanced flying technique. This 3 day course aims to give an introduction to mountain flying with the objective of looking at the necessary skills and decisions that give us the best chance of thermalling away from the familiar environment of the ridge to the freedom of the open skies.
For gliding, it depends upon weather condition. The flying season in Nepal commences from November to February. But the best months is between November and December. The main area for flying in Nepal is the Annapurna region, more specifically the Pokhara valley. The micro-climate of the valley makes it an ideal area for flying, with far more constant conditions than the Kathmandu valley 150km east. The gliding is offered in Mahabharat range however, the more is done in Pokhara, the beautiful lakeside town at the bottom of the Annapurna Himal. The starting point for the flight is Sarangkot (1592m), which offers great views of Fewa Lake, where the sunrise and sunset rays land in. If you want to have paragliding, you do not need to have experience, as the qualified pilots will provide you full briefing before you launch. If you want to have funs with gliding why don’t let us serve you.
- Glider in good condition, all equipment is checked by the instructor before the course.
- Reserve, a repack session the night before the course starts showing you how to pack your own reserve.
- Harness in good condition, with back protection removed, and any airbags disabled.
- No flying instruments.
- We provide life jacket.
- Radio with waterproof bag. (we provide the bag)
Day 01: Pick up from the international airport and transfer to hotel
Day 02: Early in the morning drive to domestic airport for the mountain flight to view the world’s highest Peak Mount Everest and hundreds of snow peaks -back to hotel and breakfast. Drive/fly to Pokhara. Lunch is provided on the way in a beautiful restaurant
Day 03: Paragliding-tantem flight- in Pokhara
Day 04: Fly/drive back to Kathmandu. Farewell dinner
Day 05: Drop off at the international airport and fly back to the selected destination
Note: We have many other tour packages combined with paragliding.
• Pick up and drop off transport as mentioned in the itinerary
• Accommodation and three meals per day during the tour
• Tour guide and paragliding pilot
• Domestic air ticket and airport tax for tourists and guides as mentioned in the itinerary
• Sightseeing as mentioned in the itinerary
• International air ticket, airport tax and Nepal visa fees
• All kinds of drink during tour and travel with us
• Travel insurance and the cost of medical services of tourists
• All kinds of cloth and personal belonging
• Other personal expenses and tips
• Charted helicopter, plane and other transports in case of emergency