There is a fine line between adventure and blatant risk. What parts them is the level of preparation that does in a particular activity. Leaving behind the comforts of your home into the embrace of nature – that is an adventure, and not making sure that that you are properly insured – that is a risk. Therefore, Churen Himal Treks & Expedition (P) Ltd.requests you purchase an insurance that is comprehensive enough to cover all possibilities that may ensue during your stay in Nepal.
As mentioned in the Terms and Conditions of Churen Himal Treks, the agency is exempt from being liable to different expenses that may occur in case of different emergency or unforeseen situations. In addition to that, a foreigner isn’t allowed to purchase insurance in Nepali soil. Both facts point out at the requirement of a client to purchase an elaborate travel insurance plan in their place of origin that protects your interest in case of trip cancellation, helicopter evacuation, medical emergencies, other illnesses, lost luggage, theft, disasters, death and so on.
Points to remember regarding your Travel Insurance Plan:
- In case of accidents, or sickness, there may be a necessity of evacuation through helicopter. The tourism agencies can make provisions of helicopter evacuation, but refrain to involve themselves in the financial matters that ensue. And even if they do, they will seek compensation for their expenses. If you do not obtain an insurance plan that specifically covers helicopter rescue, the resulting expenses can be back-breaking to you.
- Apart from the rescue, even medical treatments for accidents in high altitudes and cold temperature are quite expensive. At certain instances, a mobile medical team will have to accompany the helicopter crew to the base camps, which further increases the medical expenses. Hence, it is necessary that you are properly insured for probable medical conditions.
- While purchasing insurance, it is wise to completely explain what you’re getting into and make sure that your insurance agent understands you. Your itinerary should be disclosed and the risks involved should be openly discussed before picking an insurance plan. This makes the client able to understand what is agreeable to the insurance company. Besides, it also makes claiming the insurance easier, in case the aforementioned circumstances take place.
- Consultation with multiple insurance providers before finally picking an insurance policy can be helpful. Mountaineering is a very challenging task that is never devoid of certain risks. So, it is necessary to specifically mention ‘mountaineering’ or ‘alpinism’ while explaining the insurance providers about your needs.
- Since the deposits made by a client are not refundable because of the company’s own obligations, it is important that the client is also insured against trip cancellation.
- It is mandatory for the client to provide us with a copy of your insurance policy (or insurance certificate) so that we can take due steps during the time of emergencies.
Travel Insurance is mandatory for all customers looking to travel in Nepal with the Churen Himal Treks. The Travel Insurance must cover both the medical and emergency evacuation cost. We recommend that your insurance is worth a minimum of USD 100,000.
The beauty of the Himalayas comes with great risks. It is always best to prepare for any unforeseen risks that may occur while traveling. There are many insurance companies that offer travel insurance services over the internet. You can choose from a wide variety of insurance companies as per your convenience. Especially when it comes to trekking in Nepal, there is always a narrow chance of minor health issues, injuries and most importantly – altitude sickness.
It is crucial that you choose an insurance policy that covers the cost of the helicopter rescue from the mountains in case of major accidents and acute mountain sickness (AMS). During such extreme cases of an emergency evacuation, a helicopter service is the only way out of the mountains. This includes a rescue team for both – ground evacuation and rescue. Which is why we require your travel insurances to cover the cost of helicopter services and evacuation from the Himalayas.
It is always better to be safe than sorry.
Before you plan your trip with us, do make sure that your travel insurance covers all the costs mentioned above from a reliable company.
Recommended Travel Insurance Companies
For Travelers from USA and CANADA
- Online Global Health Insurance
- Insure My Trip.com (Online Insurance Aggregator)
- Mondial Assistance
- Access America
- HCC Medical Insurance Services
- Good Neighbor Insurance (International Health)
- International Health
- Insuremytrip dot com
- MultiNational Underwriters
- TIC Travel Insurance Coordinators Ltd
- Travel Assist
For Travelers from England
- Specialty Group (UK) Limited
- FirstAssist Services Limited
- Harrison Beaumont
- Buy cheap travel insurance
For Travellers from EUROPE and SLOVENIA
For Travellers from AUSTRALIA and NEW ZEALAND
- Cover-More Travel Insurance
- CGU Insurance Limited
For Travellers from SOUTH AFRICA
- Travel insurance Consultants Pty. Ltd.
DECLARATION: These companies were recommended by our previous travelers and are for recommendation purposes only.